What problems could there be?
For pregnancy to happen, and a healthy baby to be born, there are some important conditions that have to be met.
Delays in becoming pregnant might mean there is a problems with one of these:
- Plenty of healthy sperm have to arrive at the right time.
- An egg must be released.
- The sperm must be able to travel to meet the egg in the fallopian tube.
- The fallopian tube must be healthy, and nurture a growing embryo.
- The uterus (womb) must be healthy.
- The woman’s immune system, hormonal environment, and blood supply must all be healthy.
If there’s a problem on the journey, how is it found?
If there’s a concern about delays in becoming pregnant, or miscarriages occur, a number of tests might be done to try to find the cause.
It’s common for there to be more than one cause, or problems in both the woman or man.
What treatments are available?
If you do have one or more problems found,
there are a number of treatments available…